Hi Ingrid Lashley … You made me proud. You are a champion black woman with the confidence and competence to continue making a difference.
Here’s what I learned from your experience and let me share these learnings with Corporation Sole and his Designates!
- Appoint competent subject matter experts to lead organisations?
- Hire someone who is a team leader.
- Communicate your expectations as clearly as possible?
- Appoint a Board which understands their role?
- Give the CEO the space to develop the systems and procedures to manage the organization.
- Allow the CEO to hire best in class.
- Schedule your check in periods.
- Demonstrate your respect for CEO.
- Leave the CEO ALONE to do what he/she is hired to do.
- Go back to Parliament and do what you do best.